Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On the Job Front...

Some good and some bad news...

I'll go with the bad first.  I didn't get "The Job"  I really wanted.  They said they ended up going with someone with more experience.  So that wasn't the happiest way to start the day. I was really looking forward to it. Se la vie...

The good news is, I have other jobs!  I have been accepted to three other positions. 

The first is with a company called Buenos Aires Delivery.  (check them out at http://www.badelivery.com )
It's a rather interesting company and idea, that really makes some sense.  Here in Buenos Aires ANYTHING can be delivered.  From a cup of coffee to your whole grocery shopping cart of groceries.  So, this company has taken that and turned it into a comprehensive website of all deliveries in the neighborhood.  You can go to the website, choose your neighborhood, and then choose which type of food you want-see what options there are in your neighborhood, and order from them.  It's also in Spanish and English, which is really nice.  I think I'll be working with them to take calls as well as sign up restaurants in the area to be part of the website.  I think it'll be rather challenging...

The second is with a travel guide in Buenos Aires directed towards travelers or expats.  It's called Wander Argentina (http://wander-argentina.com/)  It's a site dedicated to helping people travel when they are here and see some of the off the beaten track places.  The girl who's doing the site is carrying a very heavy load on her own and needs some help with various things.  I think I might help her to write some articles, but realistically I'm better trained to help sell ad space on the website.  So, I might be trying to sell ads and links on the page.  Might be fun...

The third is a nanny job.  I have signed up and been accepted to World Class Nannies (http://www.worldclassnannies.com )  This is a little less permanent, which i think is good.  It could be as much as full time but could also be "gigs."  A lot of families down here are looking for nannies that can speak English with their children-which I could do. 

So...while I'm kind of out of luck with the other job, i do have other things lined up.  I'm going to work as much as I need to for rent and to get by, and thank my lucky stars I do have job(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment