Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sushi!

Know what this means/is??


An empty restaurant?  Well kinda...

It's a sushi place down from our house.  AND sushi means...I got a job!!

There are only about a million sushi restaurants in Buenos Aires and close to half of them are on my block.  Fitz Roy is the home of sushi restaurants, or so I feel.  Daily I walk by these elegant, dimly lit restaurants and start salivating.  I decided when I got a job, a real, full time, salaried job, we'd celebrate with sushi. 

I carefully picked out the right one (among the hundreds) and couldnt wait. 

Well...I got a job!! I dont start until Nov. 1 so it leaves me a little extra time to sleep late, walk the city, and enjoy free time.  However, I'm really ready to start to have a normal routine, get out to meet people, and feel like I'm not just draining my savings. 

The job is with Expedia.  I dont know too much yet (more to come) but I do know that I'll be calling the states.  I'll be talking with people who have bought flights to Argentina and helping them with general questions about Buenos Aires.  What to do, where to go, what to see, etc.  I make commissions if I sell packages of tango dinners, city tours, etc. 

So, I'm a telemarketer?  I hope it's not that bad and just as rosy as I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment