Sunday, March 20, 2011

Welcome to the Year of the Rabbit!

I can't believe how long it's been since I've written-I'm seriously slacking! 

I tried to write this post quite a long time ago, but our internet has been so terrible (falls about every 30 minutes or so) that I've had trouble loading the pictures. 

There is a nice, very small, but nice Chinese neighborhood here and when it was the Chinese New Year John and I thought it'd be fun to go there and see how they were celebrating.  We have a friend who's working here in Buenos Aires from China and she was going to be dancing in the festival, so we thought it'd be fun to go see her too!

It was a really nice Sunday afternoon and the streets were packed with people celebrating the year of the rabbit.  Below I've posted some pictures.  There was tons of food, drinks, trinkets, you name it. 

I think my favorite part was the dragon.  There were several men who made up the dragon and it visited all of the local stores and businesses to bring them good luck in the New Year.  I also really enjoyed the singing and dancing.  Unfortunately my battery died before I could get video of some of the best acts, but this should give you an idea.










No comments:

Post a Comment