Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spring Day!

A sign on a bike
Yesterday was the first official day of spring here in Buenos Aires.  For us back in the states the first official day of spring is something to mention and be fairly excited about, but it really has no cause for disruption of the day.  Here it's much different. 

The first day of spring, or "spring day" is also known as students day.  It's a holiday where all the students (elementary to university) have off.  They all take to the streets and basically wreck havoc.  They also go to parks. 

So two of my roomates and I decided to check it out.  We went to a statue that we wanted to see here in Buenos Aires called the rose.  It's a really phenomenal statue of a rose that during the day the petals open up and at night closes-as many flowers would do.  It happens to be in a park. 



a band playing in the park
There were so many people at the rose and even more across the street at another park.  I don't think I've ever seen so many students in one place in my life. 
Thousands I bet

No comments:

Post a Comment