Monday, September 20, 2010

Walking the City

I've been kind of stuck in a precarious position this last week, which has forced me to do very little, other than sleep in late and walk around the city.  This so called precarious position is that I'm (hopefully) on the verge of hearing back from a company that I would really really like to work for.  The job is at a digital marketing firm (which is also the type of place I worked this summer and loved) and has all the bells and whistles.  It would include a visa, a salary, a year contract and is in a pretty cool part of town, not too far from where we live. So, I've had four interviews with them as well as a psychological test.  (I guess psychological tests are really common here.  Most employers require it.  John took one the other day that included looking at inkblot cards and the whole works.)  So I'm thinking there's a fairly good chance I'll get the job-but I am waiting for a response from them basically until I apply to too many other places.  While it's agonizing waiting for them to get back, it's been quite a nice break to sleep late, explore the city, read, cook...haha, running joke is my "housewife status." 

So, like every day today is no exception.  Woke up around 11:00, had some breakfast, checked my email, regretfully no email...and it's about time to go walking.  I've been picking different neighborhoods to explore.  Sometimes I'll walk all the way to the neighborhood, which could take me up to 2-3 hours; other times I'll take the subway and then walk around. 

I bet thousands show up every week

John and I hugging Malfada
As for the weekend-it's much different.  Johns off on the weekends so I'm able to have an accomplice to do nothing with-ha!  Yesterday we went to an artsy kind of town called San Telmo where we walked around a "feria" or a street fair and looked at all the handmade goods.  It's HUGE!  I've included a picture to see just how many people go to this fair-every Sunday! We also took a picture with Malfalda.  She is a little cartoon character that's really typical to Argentina and I guess it's good luck to take your picture with her.  I think she originated in this area of town but you can see her everywhere throughout Buenos Aires. 

I don't think my eyes were shut-just really sunny...
We also went to "La Casa Rosada" literally, the pink house-but it's their White House.  We just walked around outside the house and took some pictures.  I think it's open for tours on Sunday but we decided to save it for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment