Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Colonia

Last weekend I had the opportunity to go to a nearby town in Uruguay called Colonia.  It is just an hour ferry ride away and is such a cute little town!  It´s an entirely tourist town-in fact, 26 thousand live there and 13 thousand work in tourism!!

It was originally a Portuguese town and then went back and forth between Spanish and Potuguese power. Therefore, the architecture is interestingly differently influenced.  It´s a charming place with narrow little cobblestone streets and colorful houses.  Its full of lots of little art shops and ice cream stores-super tranquil.

Most people say it´s not really worth the trip if you are going to be down here, but I strongly feel the contrary.  I´d suggest Colonia any day!

I forgot my camera but here are some stolen pics of the city from colonianet.com


No comments:

Post a Comment